Powerful visual of single care team.
Tight implementation timeline.
“Large scale program implementations require careful planning from experienced professionals.”
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) leadership prioritized improving the patient experience and chose to incorporate a standardized uniform program as part of the strategy.
Challenged with a tight timeline and “use-it-or-lose-it” funding, UMMC sought out a uniform partner that could meet the following criteria:
- Capacity to meet program needs
- Demonstrated experience with similar hospitals
- Competitive pricing, superior quality and exceptional customer service
The team at Uniform Advantage understood what UMMC wanted to accomplish and hit the ground running. Time was of the essence and previous work in this specific space was immeasurably helpful. Our team focused on capturing critical program requirements upfront to help meet the established implementation date.
- Pre-launch planning discussions
- Helpful planning tools and worksheets
- Guidance and recommendations related to product selection to program features
UMMC employees in uniform in time for official program launch.
UMMC chose to move forward with one color, Navy, for all employees. The new uniform color drove home a consistent, professional look that reflected how they felt about each other, their mission, and the people they served. The single color visually reinforced the idea of a single care team and better alignment among teams across the continuum of care.
- Implementation rolled out in stages over 5 months
- Launched customized web portal to support the program and enhance the employee shopping experience
- Mobilized UA resources to execute multi-day mobile store fitting event during stage one of program implementation
24/7 Web Portal
Features secure login tied to internal UMMC employee ID and designed to manage employer-paid credits.
“A common purpose and a vision that we are all a single care team is imperative to improve the patient experience. Standardized uniforms are a powerful visual representation.”